porqchop poker badbeats

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OST 2: The Man Comes Around (again...)

An interesting night of poker last night, and one that will require we revisit (and clarify) a couple of rules moving forward. 23 players were there in total, but it was Marneus ("The Man") that returned to form from his better performances of last season, outlasting the entire field.

Lots of verbal jabbing and a vibrant cash game were eclipsed by the sudden and mysterious exit of WhoDogg (who we all hope is okay - anyone have an update on his status?). The Dogg exited early due to an emergency, and ended up picking up roughly five spots overall as his still-healthy stack stuck it out through at least two levels of blinds before he was finally put out in sixth place (much to Hirp's chagrin). We're revisiting how we will handle these situations moving forward, but last night, we let his chips play through the blinds.

The following players finished in the double-bonus round (money and extra points):

1. Marneus $250
2. Holy Mohly $150
3. SpaceJam $60
4. Porqchop $20

We'll look to secure a location for our next event on Tuesday, March 20 sometime this week. If you have any anecdotal comments to share regarding last night's game (Hirp, Face...), feel free to do so via the Comments section below.

12 comments:

Porqchop said...

Nothing dirty 'bout that... it's not like you raised with K-weak kicker (I'd have to call you "Devil Down" if you did...). Congrats again.

Porqchop said...

Nothing dirty 'bout that... it's not like you raised with K-weak kicker (I'd have to call you "Devil Down" if you did...). Congrats again.

BABarracus said...

Porq you know I'm solid, only play the nuts.

My "big" hand was getting called down when I raised and continued with an A 2 that missed completely. Funny thing is, I took a bad beat on the river to lose out when he finally paired.

Gregg said...

What if you played queen 4, against a raise and player who again bet the flop that missed your hand and hit a queen on the river? Would that make you another "Devil Down?" Huh Chop, would it?

Porqchop said...

Bitter Hirp, trix are for squids.

BABarracus said...

Hirpy,

If you look at Chop's post above mine I'm getting a hard time for playing an A or K with a junk card. I thought it was funny that I was doing that very thing at our last game, and it cost me. The surprising part is that I was ahead.

Now, if you want to talk about the Q 4 hand, please recall what was being played against me for the all in bet (I believe it was Q 8 unsuited). That call was bad, but at least I was thinking he had a truly terrible hand...and I just happened to hit a 4 on the end. How do you remember this, anyway, it was last season and you weren't even in the game at that time, were you?

BABarracus said...

On another note, Chop, do you know if we will have room for 1 or 2 more next time around?

Porqchop said...

I played Q-4 (off suit) out of a blind, and even though there was a raise, I was priced-in, with no one to re-raise behind me. Caught a pice of the flop... and the betting didn't price me back out. Besides... you all know I play erratically.

We're gonna have a pretty full house at every game with or league expansion, but if Rich feels he can fit everyone in... I have no problem with extra players.

BABarracus said...

Chop,

Not sure who Rich is, but should we clear it with Skrawg?

Porqchop said...

Oops... absolutely... forgot that Rich left the league. Please check with Skrawg.

Gregg said...

I'm the guy who does his job, you must be the other guy.

Porqchop said...

Settle down Stadie...